Now that I'm a member of the East Whiteland Fire Co we're allowed to participate in more things. Last night the firemen had a training session using the Jaws of Life. Back in 2008 I was involved in a car accident in which they were debating using these life saving tools because they needed to put me on a backboard before moving me (just in case). The very thought of these things scared me and feeling like there was nothing wrong with my back I refused to let them tear the car apart to get me out. Of course I had to sign stating that I refused this.
My children and I sat and watched last night to rid us of the fear. There really isn't anything to be afraid of. When I get home today I'll upload some pictures of last night. This was a very good learning experience for us all. Oh, Alex is one of the firemen who was in the exercise also.
Be back tonight...
No comments:
Post a Comment